Bringing Clarity Through Kindness
Stacy Lynskey, LCPC
Domestic violence, including verbal and emotional abuse or manipulation; the use of bullying, intimidation and other fear tactics to control or dominateEmail Me
Recognizing emotional or verbal abuse
- Do you feel demeaned or ridiculed when expressing your thoughts and feelings?
- Must you “ask permission” before making even small decisions?
- Is there name-calling or labeling?
- Is it “your fault” that your partner is angry? If you would only use a different tone, words, voice, etc. then he/she wouldn’t be mad.
- Does your partner make up stories or events in order to blame or accuse you?